Thursday, June 9, 2011

Singles, be prepared.

In my experience, entrusting your life and vocation to God and waiting for the right person can be a long and arduous process, and you might be single for a good long time. This is marked by periods of loneliness and occasional feelings of hopelessness all of which constitute a real test of faith. It is also a test of patience, as you deal with many questions and comments (many of which will be stupid)  on why you are still single.
Dan Pearce, of the blog Single Dad Laughing has a very funny post on how to deal with such situations. An excerpt:

  • There are plenty of fish in the sea.
    Thank you for rubbing my nose in my inability to get any of them.


  • You're just too picky.
    So, you're saying I should settle?


  • Are you kidding? I wish I was single and in your shoes.
    Poor baby.


  • You're so attractive! What seems to be the problem?
    How do I answer this without making you or me look like a jerk?


  • Maybe you're not trying hard enough.
    Oooooh. That must be it. I think what you're really saying is that I'm not easy enough.

  • Read more.

    The point? Remember that this is something you'll look back on and laugh. I am not particularly endorsing fighting rudeness with rudeness - this post is all in good humor. But oh, how tempting.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment